Saturday, April 16, 2011

An Amish Audience.

Last night I decided to go out so me and a friend hit up Trolley's in downtown Springfield. This is one of my favorite places .. friendly people, a great dj playing some great 90's tunes, and a waitress they call 'lil fox' and for good reason!! Had a good time hanging with a friend and talking with the others that were around. Because of the late night I am lacking in motivation today. I have managed to finish 2 loads of laundry and made it to the Y for a good workout. At the Y today they were using the gymnasium for a lawn and garden show, and this must be highly attractive to the amish crowd in SW MO. They were all over the place. A group of about 20 just stood against a rail that overlooks the fitness center watching all the weightlifters. I am curious what they were thinking watching all the people doing their bicep curls and bench press. I have a feeling most of them with their farmboy type strength could come over and put most the gym to shame if they were so inclined, but they just leaned on the rail in their overalls viewing like it were a spectator sport for the full hour plus I was there.

-GwB
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment