Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back in the States... Back on the road

Well I made it back to the States after a 5 month stay in London last Sat. I was excited to get back to a life of familiarity; a car, a smart phone... went with the droid-x and thinking it was a good choice... sunshine, family, and friends. I enjoy my job for the most part, but after a year of traveling and not having a home.. it is starting to get me down a bit. I will now be in Chicago during the weekdays through the end of July. I will be traveling back and forth between MO and Chicago for the next 4 months at least. I feel like I live out of a suitcase and forgot what my bed actually feels like... the worst thing that I dislike about all the travel is it hinders me from creating and sustaining relationships. Im not just speaking of a girlfriend but just friends in general. I seem to be slow at letting my guard down and letting people really get to know me. I don't do this on purpose it just seems to be....well ME. So I am never at a place long enough to really make any genuine friends. Not much I can do about it now in my life except try to make the best of it and try and see as much as I can while I am on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment